Together- We Will Make a Difference!
South Florida Wellness Network, Inc has been working for the last 6 years to provide emotional support and resources to Broward County communities with youth and adults facing emotional, behaivoral, mental health and or substance use challenges. Help us to continue to provide one on one support to those in need!
South Florida Wellness Network, Inc. (SFWN) a non-profit 501 C (3) organization promotes awareness and stigma reduction about mental health and substance use,and renew hope in times of despair. Our mission is to empower families whose children and/or youth have, or are at risk of, behavioral, emotional, mental health, and/or substance use challenges. Our Wellness Community Organization, its leaders and members have a singular goal; to enhance the quantity and quality of support available to people seeking and experiencing long term recovery from mental illness and/or substance use. Through the use of grants and donations our network of peers, who have similar lived experiences ,provide services at no charge to our members.
Brief Snap-shot of our impact - July 1st 2019- June 30th 2020::
- Reached over 3000 people in two Broward County Jails.
- Provided over 100 Narcan trainings and distributed almost 3660 kits. Have had over 66 reported reversals
- Provided individual supportive services to 175 young adults (ages 14-29)
- Provided supportive services to over 300 families
- Provided Recovery Navigation to 269 individuals and families
- Reached over 7900 individuals and families through community engagement activities
- Provided over 1300 Virtual support groups during the pandemic and have provided services to hundreds since the beginning of the pandemic, never closing our doors, while also meeting people where they were at.
Looking forward we anticipate larger scope of services, as we expand our outreach in various locations in the community. We focus on wellness and a holistic approach through connectedness and meeting people where the need is. We are grateful to be able to serve our community.